SW Engineering DEVOP01055
You are both an experienced developer and avid gamer - and love blending your two passions! You’re an excellent communicator and love finding solutions to complex problems. You enjoy a role where you can expect the unexpected, move at an exceptionally fast-pace and can contribute to a best-in-class player experience.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers Forged to Fight. We’ve got some exciting new projects on the go!
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Overseeing game back-end infrastructure, service reliability, and perform root cause analysis of software, process and service failures
- Providing design, implementation, and administration to assure highest reliability and availability of game services
- Supporting business applications by ensuring the availability and reliability of our game systems
- Acting as front-line dev-support for issues that come up through in the live game
- Facilitating communication between Live Operations and engineering teams to ensure targets are met and that issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Providing recommendations and implementations to ensure there are no threats to destabilize the live game environment
- Working with a team to establish standards and procedures related to security and integrity
- Participating in 7x24 on-call support rotation for live game related issues
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games.And this is where you come in..
Your background includes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Deep knowledge of back-end server language such as Chef, Ruby/ Python, Bash
- Familiarity with Linux, AWS, Nginx, Mongo, Redis and Jenkins,
- 3+ years of experience in similar capacity, preferable in game industry
- Strong understanding of both relational and nonrelational databases
- Up-to-date understanding of the latest mobile gaming trends
Working with both our Live Operations and Development teams, you will manage online services and bridge the relationship between the dev who makes the games and the players who love them. You will be responsible to monitor, troubleshoot, tune and scale up our systems and services.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.