Strategy & Business Development
More information about this job
Jagex has grown organically to become one of the most successful PC online games studio in the world. The company is now looking to expand its portfolio of games to new platforms, geographies and distribution models via new and existing growth avenues. This bold new chapter requires a candidate with excellent strategy and quantitative skills and the ambition to have a real, visible effect on Jagex’ direction.
The strategic associate will be a key member of the strategy team, leveraging their excellent quantitative skills alongside a strategic mindset to both assess and seek-out growth opportunities. This individual will work very closely with the wider studio, assisting departmental leaders with forecasting, financial modelling and decision-making.
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary, options for a sponsored gym membership, dental plan, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair, free parking and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day.
We also have bean-to-cup style coffee machines that provide hot drinks throughout the day for free.
Expect to be invited to team events once a quarter as well as company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
The successful applicants will be able to enjoy our newly refurbished office which includes contemporary break out areas, gaming zones, high tech meeting rooms, a huge Atrium with tiered seating and our very own private bar.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyse inbound investment pitches and growth opportunities
- Build financial models and forecasts for existing and new projects to guide decision making
- Develop situational analyses with internal stakeholders to highlight the effects of development/timeline changes
- Construct business cases and project decks for presentation to senior leadership/Jagex’ board of directors
- Conduct industry analysis and compile findings into key market insights such as segment trajectories and white-spaces
- Build competitor benchmarks for monthly board updates
- Design investment/publishing deal structures based on situational forecasts and financial requirements
- Build asset-valuation models for external opportunities pertinent to M&A and publishing growth channels
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis on various additional initiatives internally and externally
- A deep passion for gaming and the industry
- Strong quantitative capabilities and an understanding of financial modelling/forecasting
- Knowledge of the games market, with particular focus on games unit economics standards
- Commercial acumen and comfortability with profit and loss statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements
- Financial risk analysis & understanding of modelling pitfalls/best practices
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office, with advanced proficiency in Excel, specifically
- Knowledge in SQL a plus
- M.Sc or B.Sc in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or other highly-quantitative field.
- Organization skills and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to deliver complex insights to a variety of stakeholders in a digestible manner
- Experience and comfortability working with senior/leadership stakeholders
- To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
- To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
- To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements.
- Drive to learn, grown and improve their current skill set and that of the function.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief