More information about this job
Jagex Games Studio is seeking talented animators who are interested in making world class video games. This is an exciting opportunity to join an experienced team to deliver animations for an unannounced new MMO.
We are looking for a candidate who can integrate into our team seamlessly and with an eagerness to learn and improve. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and make every effort to demonstrate initiative and active contribution to ensure we produce the best possible game.
In return you’ll receive a competitive salary, options for a sponsored gym membership, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair, free parking, fruit and hot drinks delivered to your team every day. Expect to be invited to team events once a quarter as well as company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
The successful applicants will be able to enjoy our newly refurbished office which includes contemporary break out areas, gaming zones, high tech meeting rooms, a huge Atrium with tiered seating and our very own private bar!
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Create high quality animated game content.
Candidates must be able to hand-key animate natural and expressive human motion to create realistic, fluid characters.
Assist in the integration of animation with designers and programmers to create immersive experiences.
Supporting improvement of animation processes and pipeline.
Assisting with motion capture process.
- Minimum 1 year experience animating video games.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art/Animation.
- Exceptional skill in hand-key animating the human figure as well as other organic creature and animal forms.
- Advanced knowledge of animating in Maya.
- Outstanding demo reel.
- Strong understanding of animation techniques and systems.
- Experience of working with Unity.
- The ability to consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
- A strong interest in motion capture technology.
- Strong interest in video games.
- Experience with state machines and motion trees.
- Experience with motion capture.
- Experience with rigging and skinning 3d character models.
- Professional experience developing third person action games.
- Practical knowledge of programming languages (Python, C# / C++, etc.) is a bonus.
To behave at all times in a professional manner, maintaining a positive and conscientious work ethic whilst also demonstrating initiative and determination to get the job done.
To work effectively with colleagues both within the immediate team and across the company whenever necessary.
To demonstrate a willingness to adapt to the evolving environment of the company, teams and work requirements.
Drive to learn, grown and improve their current skill set and that of the function. Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.