Multiplayer Level Artist - Gears of War - The Coalition
As a multiplayer level artist, you will be responsible for working with the MP Lead Artist, Art Director and other team members to push the level to completion at a high-quality bar while maintaining performance metrics. An integral part of the job is to collaborate with designers in order to achieve a balance between block out and art direction. You will be expected to drive issues to resolution and get buy-in from involved parties.
Level Artists are expected to work with the level design and level art teams to break down the level, creating environment proxy assets and breakout sheets. Your proxy assets and breakout sheets will be used to the environment art team to give them a high-level understanding of the environment set component requirements, during this process you will need to collaborate with the environment art team to ensure the environment set assets are being built to proper spec and artistic vision of the level.
• Being point person in a multi-disciplinary pod responsible for delivering multiplayer maps.
• Placing, replacing, and assembling art assets into the level.
• Working with MP Lead Artist and AD to achieve visual direction for the level.
• Collaborating with Level Designer(s) ensuring level is playable and performant.
• Collaborate with Level Designer(s) when there is a conflict between art and gameplay priorities.
• Working with the Art Leads to create environment set breakout sheets.
• Communicating environment set requirements to environment art team.
• Optimizing content to achieve performance profiles and collaborating with technical artists.
• 2-4+ years of environment art experience on level based titles.
• Understanding of multiplayer gameplay expectations and how they relate to art.
• Experience with level creation and how different disciplines work together (art/design).
• Excellent work ethic and problem-solving skills, able to work well with minimal supervision.
• Expert in Unreal 4 or UDK.
• Strong understanding of composition, material and lighting fundamentals.
• Strong working knowledge of Maya.
• Strong working knowledge of Photoshop and Z-brush.
• Shader authoring and scripting are a plus.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.