Multiplayer Progression Designer - Gears of War - The Coalition
The Coalition are looking for a Game Designer to work on progression, player retention and competitive gaming features for our PvP and PvE experiences set in the Gears of War universe. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of the theory and craft of game design. This individual is responsible for finely tuning the in-game economy, progression and online systems. This individual must demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively drive progress within a large cross-disciplinary team. They have a passion for creating meaningful and rewarding experiences for players in an industry-leading multiplayer experience.
• Drive the design of multiplayer progression systems, including competitive gaming ranking systems.
•Partner with the User Experience (UX) team to create delightful, engaging online features.
• Champion multiplayer principles through the user experience.
• Work with the Multiplayer Design Director to shape the future of our online feature set.
• Maintain the consistency and quality of the multiplayer experience throughout development.
• Communicate and coordinate across multiple game disciplines, including the live team and key stakeholders, to constantly refine the experience.
• Analyze and report the motivations and needs of our multiplayer users in collaboration the user research and data science teams.
• Create working models to pre-tune progression before launch.
• Create analysis of existing games to demonstrate what good looks like.
• Maintain a positive work environment that is motivating and fosters a strong sense of creativity and passion for excellence.
• Must have 4+ years of experience in video games and have shipped an online game.
• Extensive experience hands-on developing progression and retention systems for a variety of experiences. Experience with shooters ideal.
• Comfortable with numbers, math and game economy modeling.
• Familiarity with competitive ranking systems like ELO or Trueskill.
• Familiarity with (UnrealEd, Kismet, Maya, Max, Hammer, or similar 3D editor) an asset.
• Good organization and communication skills are required.
• A fine attention to quality and detail, both creatively and technically is required.
• Familiarity with Gears of War gameplay and past Gears of War multiplayer designs is required.
ABOUT THE COALITION:
The Coalition is a growing team of talented, creative, fun-loving professionals from around the world who are united in their passion for Gears of War. Located in Vancouver, Canada, the studio is dedicated to pushing the Gears franchise to new heights with its belief that if you want to go far, go together.