Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a top notch level designer to join us in creating our next great multi-platform RPG.
This designer will work closely with artists to produce interesting 3D levels with exciting, engaging gameplay. Responsibilities will include planning and populating missions and quests, scripted sequences, encounters, challenges and rewards. The ideal candidate for this position needs to have an established track record designing fun and exciting levels. Candidates should be prepared to show and discuss past examples of their level layouts and designs.
- Communicate area design requirements with art and programming teams.
- Design 3D layouts and work with art and programming to create unique and fun experiences.
- Design game content: quests, NPCs, items, puzzles, et al.
- Maintain game design documentation.
- Contribute to all aspects of game design.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- The ability to evaluate and understand the mechanics of a game and create 3D layouts that complement the experience.
- Proficiency with modern game editors such as UE4, CryEngine, Source or equivalent.
- Love of computer and console role-playing and action games.
- Excellent communication skills - you must be able to get up out of your chair and talk to your coworkers!
- Able to adhere to tight schedules and possess the ability to assist others in meeting deadlines.
- Able to produce clear and concise documentation.
- Level/Area Design experience on a AAA title.
- Experience working on games with role-playing elements.
- Proficiency with 3ds Max, Maya or XSI.
- Programming or scripting experience.
- A playable portfolio level built in a commercial 3D game engine.
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.