MachineGames is looking for an Engine Programmer to help design, develop, and maintain game and engine systems for an action FPS.
Responsibilities• Collaborates with programmers, designers, artists, and animators
• Demonstrates and applies strong problem-solving and debugging skills in C++
• Architects and implements features in C/C++ that are CPU, GPU, and memory efficient, and with an eye to
a quality end-user experience
• Uses, debugs, and modifies the pipelines, as necessary
• Writes clean, professional, and maintainable code
• Create quality, performance-minded code
• Constructs solutions to unforeseen design problems in a timely manner
Requirements • 3+ years professional or related experience with at least 1 shipped title
• Excellent C++ skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent 3d math skills.
• Excellent tools and workflow programming skills
• Low level programming experience (systems, graphics, animation, optimization) on PS3 and Xbox360.
• Exceptional knowledge of assembly code on at least one platform and proven ability to construct and
identify algorithms to optimize graphical performance.
• Excellent understanding of high end graphical techniques.
• 3D programming experience as it relates to physics, animation and engine subsystems
• Excellent ability to work with others
• Good organization and time management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Self-motivated team player with very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
• Passion for making GREAT games
Desired skills and pluses • BS in Engineering, CS, Mathematics or comparable work experience
• Prior experience with idTech
• First person shooter experience