We are looking for a talented VFX Artist to join our buzzing Stockholm team!
You will join our growing team and help design and create amazing visual effects for our current and upcoming games. Whilst keeping the games stylistically consistent, you will be able to implement your own great ideas to make our games look dynamic and exciting for the player. Working closely with other artists, technical artists and developers as part of an experienced team this is an exciting opportunity to join a new team.
* A creative person with a passion for games
* You have knowledge of a wide and varied range of physical effects and a passion for interpreting them in a digital medium
* You have experience in the game industry as a VFX artist
* Adaptive in conceptualising, creating and animating various styles and genres of VFX
* Used to working with Photoshop, 3D applications (Maya or 3ds Max) and particle editors, as well as After Effects or similar programs for pre-visualising VFX
* Experience in utilising and adapting real time shaders and post processing effects
* Strong knowledge in environmental effects, lighting and dynamics
* You can create original texture sprites and sprite sheets to create particle effects
* Technical expertise and familiarity with game engines and their performance requirements, experience of optimising VFX to run effectively on target hardware
* Knowledge in building VFX libraries, as well as establishing and maintaining a VFX asset pipeline
* Good communication and organizational skills
* Proactive in learning and developing your skills
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
Tasty bonus skills
* Experience working in an agile project environment
* Previous experience from creating casual and/or mobile games
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Stockholm
The location of our first studio and the birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Stockholm - with all its urban delights and open spaces - holds a special place in our hearts. Built over 14 islands, it's one of the world's most unique and beautiful capital cities. With King based right in the centre, it'll yours to enjoy and explore.
Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.