Super Punk Games is looking for a multi-talented Lead Artist to lead the art team on new and existing IPs. The role will require the ability to conceptualise and implement an artistic vision, manage, inspire and contribute to the art team, and be a strong creative and technical individual. The successful candidate will be a key part of a growing dev team, and will be fundamental to shaping the future of Super Punk Games.
Reports to: Creative Director / Game Director
Location: In our office in Nottingham. Relocation help is available.
What we’re looking for:
- An amicable and articulate individual with a highly professional outlook.
- The ability to establish, develop and maintain artistic styles and visual quality.
- The capability to guide projects through strong ideas, belief in vision and good judgement.
- A pragmatic creative leader, able to reconcile jaw dropping visuals with production schedules, and with clarity on task execution order and duration.
- An interest in establishing good working practices and a positive working environment within your team.
- An interest in cutting-edge techniques, and an aptitude for learning and disseminating methods and technology.
- A strong portfolio indicating a good eye for form, shape and composition.
- The ability to lead our art team on multiple platforms.
Skills that would help your application?
- You have previous professional experience leading or mentoring artists in games.
- A broad understanding across the spectrum of art processes (3D modelling, UV layout, texturing, rigging, skinning, animation, lighting and surfacing, UI, visual FX).
- Experience using Unity3D.
- Strong knowledge of Maya/Max and an advanced understanding of Photoshop or similar.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
What you’ll do:
- You will use your extensive skill and experience to steer the wider art team to develop a strong visual identity during pre-production, reacting the game design and business motivations.
- You will lead establishing a game’s art direction and oversee the vision through all stages of development via Style Guides, detailed documentation and continued communication.
- You will work with the production team to plan sprints and project schedules.
- You will jump on opportunities to innovate and push the visual quality of the game to deliver magical experiences to our players.
- You will line-manage members of the art team, facilitating their success and ensuring they are kept up-to-date through regular meetings and documentation.
- You will find and report any risks or issues to the Management Team.
- You will represent the Art Team and Game Vision internally and externally as needed.