About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Splash Damage's Senior UI Designers bring the user experience vision for our projects to life by applying their substantial experience and technical expertise.
Senior UI Designers are well-versed in user-centred design methodologies and make a major impact at all stages of the UI design workflow. They establish the visual design direction for our interfaces, craft both static designs and animations with the highest degree of polish, and work closely with our UI engineers to get the best out of our technology.
Senior UI Designers can work autonomously and make smart decisions with the information at hand. They effectively communicate their team's solutions both verbally and visually, and can represent their team both internally as well as to external partners. They always look for ways to push themselves and their projects further, and regularly pass their experience on to other members of their team.
We believe that leveling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our UI designers.
- A strong background in UI design for video games; you've worked on at least two commercial projects from start to finish and know Photoshop and Illustrator like the back of your hand
- Player-centred approach to UI design, with solid knowledge of design processes and methodologies
- Exceptional fluency in current and upcoming design as well as typographical trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity and usability
- Solid understanding of animation principles and the ability to visualise UI animations in AfterEffects or Flash
- A can-do attitude and strong teamwork skills; you love working with others to craft solutions and can provide direction and feedback to other designers when needed
- Great time management and organisational skills; you can plan projects at both roadmap and sprint-level and get the job done without close supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; you're able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels
- A real passion for games UI and clear enthusiasm for playing games
Bonus points for:
- Experience managing or mentoring others
- Experience creating motion graphics
- Experience in user research and focus testing