The team behind the multi-award-winning ALIEN: Isolation, fresh from developing Halo Wars 2 with Microsoft and 343 industries, are looking for more world-class talent to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Environment Artist to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly's multi-award-winning team.
The Lead Environment Artist will manage an excellent team, who will create a high fidelity, beautiful and believable world.
As the Lead Environment Artist for the project, you will have significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the developing other artists.
As well as managing the Environment team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for both the creation of assets and world construction, from architecture to props and level dressing.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, steering your team and solving problems, working closely with the wider development teams and design and concept, to produce an engaging and coherent universe.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
- Exceptional Artistic ability
- Ability to communicate effectively in across the team
- Developed understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Willingness to engage with and master proprietary tools and systems
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- Demonstrable hard surface modelling ability
- Practical experience with Zbrush
- A working knowledge of Substance
- A strong comprehension of PBR
- Two or more published AAA titles in an Environment Art capacity
- Proficiency with off-line and real-time rendering package
- Fundamental level design ability or experience
- Lighting experience and ability
- A practical comprehension of Post Production effects
- Traditional Art skills
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.