The team behind the multi-award-winning ALIEN: Isolation, fresh from developing Halo Wars 2 with Microsoft and 343 industries, are looking for more world-class talent to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Visual Designer/concept Artist to come on board at the beginning of this exciting new project and help shape and evolve this new world into an immersive and engaging player space.
As a Senior Concept Artist for the new project, you will have significant experience in a creative environment and demonstrate the ability to both conceive of and deliver engaging visual designs.
You will be responsible for creating imagery which informs and enhances visual quality, helping to shape the look of the game and our production design.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in collaborating closely with your fellow concept artists, along with writers, production artists, and of course designers, to gain all the information you need to create persuasive concept design.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Superb rendering and design realisation skills
- An excellent understanding of character design, anatomy and costume
- A good eye for functional design - architecture, production or industrial design
- Good compositional skills, spatial construction and lighting
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- An open, approachable personality and the ability to mentor junior artists
- Comfortably implement and adapt to feedback and design changes
- Traditional art skills
- Experience of working in a games development environment
- Familiarity with 3D or sculpting packages
- Story boarding skills
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.