The team behind the multi-award-winning ALIEN: Isolation, fresh from developing Halo Wars 2 with Microsoft and 343 industries, are looking for more world-class talent to join the team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Technical Artist to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly's multi-award-winning team.
The Technical Artist works within the Tech Art department, bringing innovation to the project and empowering the wider art team with contemporary tools, techniques and processes.
As a Technical Artist on the team, you will be responsible for enhancing visual quality, performance and art efficiency on our new project.
You will be able to communicate well, solving problems and collaborating with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines. You will research, prototype and implement art production techniques, helping to ensure that the content produced by the art department is both technically appropriate and efficiently produced.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively in across the team
- Fluent in cutting edge art authoring techniques and processes
- Willingness to engage with and master proprietary tools and systems
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- Practical experience and a strong comprehension of PBR
- Developed understanding of contemporary shader features and creation workflow
- Practical experience of Post Effects - tone mapping, filtering, colour grading etc
- Two or more published AAA titles in a technical art capacity
Working Knowledge of:
- Substance (designer and painter)
- Max/Mel scripting
- HLSL/GLSL programming
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.