We are looking to recruit a Junior LEGO Model Technical Artist on a fixed term contract, with a keen interest in Tt Games LEGO Console Games. This is an opportunity to become part of the team responsible for bespoke LEGO Models as seen throughout our multi award winning published titles, and will be based at our studio in Knutsford.
You will join the LEGO Models team and work together with Level Designers and LEGO Model Designers and assist in the setup of LEGO models such as creatures and vehicles for in-game use, as well as props of all sizes as used by the Cinematic and wider LEGO Construction teams.
Main responsibilities include:
- In-game setup of LEGO models as required/specified by Lead LEGO Model Artist.
- Setup/Rigging of LEGO models and vehicles to fit game engine physics requirements as required/specified by Lead LEGO Model Artist.
- The design and creation of decals/printed elements adhering to specific LEGO Co. design style/direction.
- Setup of high detail models and vehicles for use in cut-scenes.
- Optimisation of models and vehicles to work across multiple platforms.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Input on the creation of new and bespoke LEGO elements.
- Modelling LEGO elements for inclusion in the TT LEGO Parts Library.
- Assist with maintenance of the TT LEGO Part Library.
- Creation of approval materials for submission to LEGO Company and any additional stake holders.
- Help maintain Wiki documentation within LEGO Models discipline.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Provide feedback on in-house tools and scripts.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant degree or equivalent level qualification.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Up to date knowledge of the latest LEGO titles in development.
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in Autodesk Maya & Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Experienced in the realisation of LEGO Model Designs.
- Knowledge of LEGO themes, elements, connections and building techniques.
To apply please email your CV, covering letter and portfolio to Vicky MacMillan at firstname.lastname@example.org.