We are looking for a Big Data Engineer. The Business Intelligence team is responsible for integrating data from games, payment platforms and web tracking tools. On the basis of this information, we create and provide web reporting and analysis data marts using tools developed in-house for the various company departments.
Tasks to inspire:
• Collaboration in varied and demanding projects based around our games from start to finish
• Design, creation and development of our data platforms, creation processes and services in the cloud, on premises or as a hybrid
• Development of quality driven software using modern development methodology
• Evaluation of prospective Big Data technologies
Qualifications to convince:
• Experience with big data technology such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra
• Initial experience with Big Data tech within a cloud environment (MS Azure HDInsights or Amazon AWS EMR)
• Experience with data transformation tools (e.g. Talend, Pentaho)
• Very good understanding of event streams and their processing (e.g. Samza) as well as of databases, modelling techniques and SQL
• Very good programming knowledge in Java, Scala or Python
• Confidence with version control systems such as GIT and SVN
• Knowledge of Linux-based systems preferable
• Structured, solution-oriented and independent way of working
• Excellent communication skills and a keen ability to cooperate with others
• A distinctly curious nature and a willingness to get to grips with new tools and technologies, as well as to work with existing code
A company to connect:
• The informal atmosphere of a start-up company combined with over 10 years' experience in one of the most creative and exciting industries around
• A great working environment within a multi-cultural team
• Free breakfast, lunch, drinks and fruit every day - all sourced from local suppliers!
• The ability to be flexible with working hours
• The opportunity to reach millions of players in dozens of countries
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its games in more than 75 countries. Their portfolio includes a bundle of established gaming industry brands, including client-based titles such as award-winning role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe's most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, the varied offering will be expanded by action-rich Anime MMORPG SoulWorker; Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/ .