About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As the Weapon Concept Artist on Dirty Bomb, you do not only have an odd affinity for weapons, but love designing anything hard surface; guns, props, gadgets & deployables are your thing! Additionally, you possess in-depth knowledge for how mechanical things work and care deeply about the functionality of your designs. Details, details… details - you love details down to the last pixel. Does this sound like? If so, you might just be a great fit for our Weapon Concept Artist role on our Dirty Bomb team!
- Create believable and inspiring concept art for various hard surface assets such as weapons, gadgets, deployables & more
- Create solid artwork that may include everything from thumbnails to orthographic designs to polished illustrations
- Work with art leads to ensure that designs fit within the look and feel of the world/universe
- Collaborate with other departments including 3D, VFX, animation, and game design to make sure concepts fit within vision for gameplay and final execution
- May be tasked with creating concept artwork beyond the boundaries of hard surface, including characters/costume, props, marketing artwork, and environmental assets as needed
- Adhere to schedule and meet deadlines
Required Skills and Experience
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games
- Strong weapon design and illustration skills
- Strong understanding of proportion, scale, perspective, lighting, and color
- Strong grasp of real world weapon (and vehicle) functionality and design
- Basic understanding of 3D, experience creating designs to be translated into 3D
- Expert in Photoshop, Painter, or related software
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Concept art skills beyond weapons a major plus
- Vehicle concept art skills a major plus
- Training in traditional art mediums (painting, sculpting, etc.)
- 3D art skills a plus