About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for a talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We're kicking off an exciting new project here at Splash Damage and so we're looking for a Technical Artist to join the team.
As a Technical Artist at Splash Damage, you will:
- Communicate with all disciplines to resolve issues and improve game quality
- Prototype, develop and improve art pipelines
- Optimise run-time performance of our games
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features
- Take part in implementing in-house and outsourced art assets
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows using Autodesk 3dsmax and/or Autodesk Maya
- Solid understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Solid understanding of game engines, where UE3 or UE4 is prefered
- Passion for games and game development
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- Digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Passion for military-themed games
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Knowledge of real-time shader creation