About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Artist to create cinematic storyboards and concepts to help us build stunning and inspiring art for an upcoming title. You'll be inspiring the team and helping visualize the narrative while collaborating with the Cinematic Lead to ensure that the visual style and pacing is maintained. You will help to establish the artistic vision for Cinematics and be highly film literate, with a good understanding of layout, composition, sequential drawing and editing.
As a Storyboard artist, you will
- Help establish and drive the visual narrative in collaboration with Leads.
- Iterate and explore ideas based around the game and narrative design.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong drawing skills
- Be able to tell a good story through editing.
- Strong understanding of framing and visual narrative.
- Fluent with relevant storyboard, graphics and editing software.
- Be aware of technical and budgetary restrictions.
- Be able to follow established designs and produce consistent work.
- Be able to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Be dependable and able to meet deadlines.
- Be equally open to change and take direction, as well as contributing with your own ideas and creativity.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in game development or film a major plus
- Good understanding of photography principles.
- Interested in interactive experiences (games)