About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As Splash Damage's Senior UI Programmer, you will use your passion for games and your outstanding programming skills to create memorable user interfaces for our current and future games.
Capable of great autonomy and reporting to the Lead UI Programmer, you will work with Splash Damage's UI and Gameplay teams to plan, build, and maintain the front-end and in-game user interfaces for our games. You will apply your expertise in UI middleware as well as your programming skills to create user-friendly interface code and assets with a focus on performance.
As a senior member of the programming team, you will also help define and champion development methodologies, contribute to technology roadmaps for your field of expertise, and participate in staff development by sharing your knowledge.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience in a senior UI programming position on at least 1 shipped title
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Experienced and proficient in common UI middleware, such as Scaleform or UMG
- Experienced and proficient in Python
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Maths-related field
- Experience developing in UnrealEngine 4
- Experience integrating user interfaces with online services
- Experience managing or mentoring other UI programmers
- Demonstrable appreciation of usability conventions in relation to UI
- Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
- Experience working in small, focused teams