About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be responsible for owning major aspects of projects at Splash Damage.
You will set great examples and help mentor the Art team in order to maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines within the studio.
You will represent Splash Damage's Art Team on all issues related to art production, and work closely with all other teams in assisting with the technical implementation and management of in-house and outsourced assets.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience working to technical limits and ensuring the Art team adheres to these targets. During day-to-day work, you would be handling a diverse range of work including workflow processes, tools, optimization, planning, documentation and bug-fixing.
As a Senior Technical Artist at Splash Damage, you will:
- Assist with planning and implementation of game, tools and editor features
- Establish technical guidelines and drive consistency across the art team
- Prototype, develop and improve art pipelines
- Organise and drive performance and platform optimisation
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great communication and people-management skills
- Strong problem-solving, can-do attitude
- Extensive experience in Autodesk 3dsmax and/or Autodesk Maya
- Extensive experience working on AAA PC or console games
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine, especially UE4
- Strong digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Experience with Physically-Based Rendering systems
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Experience with outsourcing