About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for a talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communication and project management skills who is able to own the planning and execution of a game from end to end. The ideal candidate must have prior experience in game development and has a keen knowledge of how each discipline operates and interacts with one another. Self-direction and follow-up skills are essential, as well as the ability to anticipate development issues and determine alternative solutions. The candidate must be passionate about game development as well as the challenge of delivering games on time to a very high quality.
This candidate is expected to perform service tasks such as streamlining communication, building strong working relationships with all departments, understanding and anticipating stakeholder needs.Additionally, they are expected to help define the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product and high-level customer requirements and assist with coordination between product and service teams to meet our company strategies and goals.
- Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication.
- Accountable for management & facilitation of relationships with external Publishing or territorial licensing partners.
- Effectively and regularly report progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Define, maintain and constantly review best practices to ensure the team delivers at the most efficient rate possible.
- Identify and solve issues before they turn into bigger problems.
- Create a "can-do" atmosphere that drives the team to perform beyond their expectations.
- Hold your team accountable for the quality of the game experience.
- Coordinate and manage a diverse team of Designers, Artist, Programmers and Production staff.
- Define initial project scope and delivery schedules; manages day-to-day project schedules and motivates team towards a common project goal
- Work closely with the Splash Damage senior management to build and maintain our production reputation and reach within the industry.
- Negotiate all contracts with external resources used in the project.
- Foster the strong Splash Damage culture within the team.
- Own and maintain project P&L, understanding and tracking costs, revenues and incidentals.
- Actively participate in the betterment of the studio and other games, working closely with the rest of the studio leadership teams.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A passion for video games, video game development, and the video game industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communications skills.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- Extensive experience as a Videogame / Software Producer.
- At least two titles shipped in a Producer role.
- Experience of managing a game as a service.
- Experience managing teams and delivering products on time.
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results.
- Knowledge of software development process, project management, and performance management.
- Recruiting a team against a coherent strategy
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Deep understanding of game development and pipelines including knowledge of latest production methodologies (Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Lean)
- Ability to balance forecasting, strategy, planning, and execution.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and to quality
- Solid understanding of major trends in the gaming business.
- Strong presentation skills at every level of the business
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and friendly attitude.
- Good understanding of Office 365, Jira and Perforce