About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Senior Environment artist to help us build stunning and inspiring environments for upcoming titles. Working within our multi-discipline art team, you will be working closely with art leads and helping them to shape the team, build workflows, mentoring and providing visual benchmarks for the team. You'll be inspiring the team and setting the quality bar by creating assets and building worlds while collaborating with Art direction and Design to ensure the maps are fun to play and look visually impressive.
- Work with the Art Leads and the Art Director to create environment art while ensuring a consistent art style is maintained across the game
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements and Tech art to maintain performance requirements.
- Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work and helping the team to achieve the same through feedback and mentoring.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great artistic knowledge of environment art (Modelling, Mapping, Texturing and World Building)
- Great technical knowledge of 3D packages, texturing packages and game engines like Unreal.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and design ( including understanding of composition and color )
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Ability to achieve great visual quality with performance requirements in mind
- Passion for game development
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Understanding of production and management ( planning, scoping )
- Ability to devise clever workflows and good practices.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.