About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Concept Artist to add to our growing team, to help us achieve the quality we strive for on our current and upcoming titles. Working closely with Art Directors and Art Leads you will be tasked with developing concepts from the initial concept stages through to polished production illustrations with your team of concept artists. You should be experienced in both design and illustration and you should have a strong understanding of art fundamentals like anatomy, form, function, perspective, light and design.
- Create high quality photo-realistic production concepts by painting in Photoshop.
- Iterate on ideas using quick sketches and thumbnails.
- Create clear communicative illustrations of finalized designs.
- Work with the Art Director and Art Team to create and maintain high quality visual designs.
- Collaborate with the design team to solve problems where art and design meet.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong portfolio of work with varying range of genres and styles.
- Great artistic skills and demonstrable application of colour and light in painting.
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail and scale.
- Ability to create functional designs.
- Excellent communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback.
- Video game studio experience and shipped titles.
- Passion for game development and working closely with other disciplines.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong traditional artistic skills.
- Good self-motivation and self-management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of multiplayer games.