About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As the Senior Build & Release Engineer on Dirty Bomb, you would be leading the charge from concept to implementation in taking our build & release system to the next level. Does lack of automation make you anxious? Do you like to provide developers "buttons" and "levers" to reduce human-error in the deployment process? Do your dreams run in the cloud when they've exceeded the on-site footprint? Do you verify your unit-test cases by writing unit-test cases for them? If you've answered 'yes' to any of these questions, and you really like a challenge, the Senior Build & Release Engineer role on Dirty Bomb may be something for you!
- Design and develop of continuous integration solutions
- Own regular delivery of product applications with a variety of special requirements
- Develop and maintain productivity tools
- Write effective documentation
- Study, understand, and communicate necessary technology that is used or being considered for Dirty Bomb and the Studio
- Work with Windows and Linux build systems and servers
- Work with UE3 and UE4 build tools
- Integrate additional tools into the pipeline (test automation, analysis and deployment automation tools)
- Solicit requirements and implement effective reporting
Required Skills and Experience
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games
- 6 years of industry experience in build & release engineering
- Experience in Python and/or Perl
- Significant version control experience (Perforce/Helix preferred)
- Experience in Build and Release Engineer through external (Steam) and internal (in-house) infrastructure
- Proficient building and maintaining toolchains
- Proficient with Linux
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience with immediate problem resolution
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Experience with C++
- Experience with TeamCity and/or Bamboo
- Experience with AWS, VMware, or similar virtualization technologies
- Experience with large scale data infrastructure
- Experience with UE3 deployment automation to Steamworks
- Technical leadership experience