About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We're kicking off a new project here at Splash Damage and so we're looking for a Senior Audio Designer to create a thrilling world for our players to get lost in!
As Senior Audio Designer you will help us develop the atmosphere, characters, emotional tone, and dialogue as directed by the Project Leads. You will work closely with designers, programmers and artists to create and maintain fun, playable experiences, creating audio to bring the world to life.
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to create technically sound, engaging and memorable environments
- Drive the audio quality
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Able to accurately follow common goals putting the team first, whilst self-motivated and demonstrating initiative.
- Motivate & inspire the audio team ensuring they keep the style & mood consistent with our defined style
- Manage the audio team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team's welfare and providing mentoring
- Maintain quality level, efficiency and consistency across the audio team
Essential Skills & Experience
- Audio Lead or Senior Audio Designer, with 5+ years' experience in industry and at least 2 complete cycles of shipped AAA titles
- Able to direct the aesthetic of a project and communicate this effectively within the team as well as to external partners
- Define the audio quality bar on a project and help team members achieve it
- Develop and maintain production roadmaps for the audio team in coordination with other departments
- Strong experience in producing dialogue pipelines, tools and playback systems
- Able to coordinate and work with localization providers, script writers and narrative teams
- Proficient in Wwise, UE4 and Reaper
- Expert with a multitude of microphones and recorders
- Confident in organising and directing large-scale field recordings
- Able to communicate with composers using music terminology and direct the composition of music
- Experience in tracklaying, mixing and mastering for trailers and cinematics
- Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for games and linear media
- Have experience performing and recording Foley, and working with Foley providers
- Facilitates learning, growth and provides mentoring for the audio team
- Experience with other game engines such as CryEngine and Unity
- Keep up to date on industry standards and developments in sound production and mixing techniques in other fields such as film and music
- A basic understanding of basic programming concepts
- Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere