About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a Production Tester on Dirty Bomb, you will be an integral part of the development team, helping find critical issues and investigate them for the developers. As you are part of the development team you will also be key in ensuring quality in all the features that we ship by, not only finding bugs but making sure that they provide a great experience for our players.
Understanding the game is key, Dirty Bomb is a fast-paced action-packed shooter that harks back to the days when shooters were about you, the enemy and headshots! That's we need avid shooter fans that have experience in Quality Assurance and will help us deliver the best quality product that we can.
- Establishing and running daily test cases for internal and external use
- Reporting, managing and tracking bugs via our bug tracking system
- Performing regression testing and verifying fixes
- Ensuring tests are completed in accordance with project deadlines
- Providing feedback and suggestions for improvements to the game
- Monitoring our forums for player reported issues, and escalating accordingly
- Ensuring that all bugs are recorded in a clear and consistent format, keeping with the standard required of our testers
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experienced co-op and competitive player of PC and Console games
- Passionate about Multiplayer/PVP, including vehicle based gameplay
- Previous game testing experience with a developer or publisher
- Ability to plan and prioritize work within tight time constraints in a high pressure environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow technical instructions
- Team-oriented and professional when dealing with other members of the company and community if required
- Flexibility in regard to hours of work (If required the job holder will be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays if necessary)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 18 months experience within the games industry
- Good understanding of the Jira bug tracking process and software involved
- Good knowledge of PC software and hardware
- Computer games technology degree or similar related degree
- Player focused