About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communication and project management skills. The ideal candidate must have prior experience in game development and has a keen knowledge of how each discipline operates and interacts with one another. Self-direction and follow-up skills are essential, as well as the ability to anticipate Development issues and determine alternative solutions. The candidate must be passionate about game development as well as the challenge of delivering games on time to a very high quality.
This candidate is expected to perform service tasks such as streamlining communication, building strong working relationships with all departments, understanding and anticipating stakeholder needs. Additionally they are expected to help define the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product and high level customer requirements and assist with coordination between product and service teams to meet our company strategies and goals.
- Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication.
- Accountable for management & facilitation of relationships with external Publishing or territorial licensing partners.
- Effectively and regularly report progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
- Ensures necessary steps are taken to resolve issues which may impede progress or compromise project's objectives.
- Facilitate meetings to reach decisions effectively.
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of Development staff to ensure that project tasks are completed on time.
- Define initial project scope and delivery schedules; manages day-to-day project schedules and motivates team towards a common project goal
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved.
- Initiate or implement development process improvements to achieve efficiencies.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure project forward momentum.
- Work with other Producers to facilitate creative, business and organizational tasks as necessary.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- A passion for video games, video game development, and the video game industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communications skills.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a Videogame / Software Producer.
- At least one title shipped in a Producer role.
- Able to facilitate and mediate between all staff and teams.
- Experience managing teams and delivering products on time.
- Excellent presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to influence others
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results.
- Knowledge of software development process, project management, and performance management.
- Awareness and understanding of key genres, industry trends and upcoming technologies.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Internal Production experience with a developer or an internal development studio for a Publisher.
- High level of self-confidence with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management, peers and business partners.
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams.
- Skilled in risk assessment/management.
- Well-versed in project management software & an ability to adapt to a range of software.
- At least one project shipped from start to finish in a Producer leadership capacity.