About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a Producers on Dirty Bomb, you will be working on service tasks, including streamlining communication, anticipating stakeholder needs and building strong relationships with all departments by means of facilitation and unblocking of issues. Additionally, you will be assisting the Senior Producer define product vision, prioritize and gather customer requirements and support coordination between product and service teams.
This role is project management heavy and requires an in-depth understanding of developing for a live service versus traditional boxed-product development. You are a highly-organized individual with outstanding communication and aspirational values; you are a team player. Did you know it's illegal in the United Kingdom to eat mince pies on Christmas Day? "No" is not part of your dictionary and you are always eager to seek the lowest impact solution with the most positive impact. Self-direction is part of your makeup and you always follow up, you participate development issues and determine alternative solutions (ideally ahead of time). Most importantly, you are passionate about game development and do anything to unblock your team(s). You are not a micro-manager and always approachable; your sense of success comes from the team's accomplishments by working in the shadows.
- Play the game and be a product expert
- Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication
- Effectively and regularly report progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks
- Resolve issues which may impede progress or compromise deliverables
- Facilitate meetings to reach decisions effectively
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of development staff to ensure that project tasks are completed on time
- Define initial project scope and delivery schedules
- Manage day-to-day project schedules
- Motivate team towards a common project goal
- Implement development process improvements to achieve efficiency
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Work with other Producers to facilitate creative, business and organizational tasks as necessary
Required Skills and Experience
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games
- JIRA power-user (this is a must have)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated; this is not a buzzword, it's an absolute requirement to be pro-active on Dirty Bomb
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Live or Software Producer
- Minimum of 3 years of production experience in a development environment
- At least one title shipped in a Producer role
- Able to facilitate and mediate between all staff and teams
- Experience managing teams and delivering products on time
- Excellent presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to influence others
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results
- Knowledge of software development process, project management, and performance management
- Awareness and understanding of key genres, industry trends and upcoming technologies
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Internal production & development experience
- High level of confidence in effectively interfacing with all levels of management, peers and business partners
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience with high-quality PowerPoint presentation