Fireteam doesn't only create backend services for games, we also utilise our expertise to help development teams with integration as well as do custom development for them. As an online services engineer you will work with our clients to improve the online aspect games or build online features; making sure their games have smooth launches and players have a great experience.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
While working as an online services engineer for Fireteam you'll be exposed to various engine/game technologies as well as backend APIs, both first and third party. You should be comfortable diving into a foreign codebase and apply your skills where it matters most for our customers.
- You will work with our clients to solve problems they might have with online services or other networking related code, potentially working directly in their codebase
- You will be responsible for architecting and building our SDKs in various languages
- Game development experience, shipping an online AAA game, working directly on online systems and having been responsible for the online services integration with a 1st or 3rd party platform
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of prioritisation and quality
- Able to own features from end-to-end, with the ability to create technical designs and estimates
- Able to work individually or collaborate as part of a team
- Experience with Unreal Engine and/or Unity preferred