About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a Lead Technical Artist, you will be responsible for Splash Damage's Technical Art team on an exciting new project.
By setting great examples and helping to mentor more junior developers, you will lead the team in planning and implementing solutions to support all aspects of game development. You will maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines on the project, and work with other Technical Artists in the studio to improve general development practises.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience of pushing the technical limits and ensuring the Art team can work efficiently and comfortably.
As Splash Damage's Lead Technical Artist, you will:
- Manage a small, skilled team of Technical Artists
- Drive the planning and implementation of game, editor and standalone art tools
- Investigate run-time performance and propose optimal solutions
- Prototype, develop and improve content creation pipelines
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience as a Senior or Lead Technical Artist on shipped titles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows
- Solid understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Passion for games and game development
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine, especially UE4
- Strong digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Experience with outsourcing processes