About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
The Role<span> </span>
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Online Programming team at Splash Damage are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining systems to support our award winning live-service multiplayer games.<span> </span>
We work closely with the design, UI and backend teams to craft client-side support for external services and APIs such as matchmaking, VOIP, profile and social interaction systems. We are also responsible for creating and maintaining client-side support for analytics and telemetry, to ensure that we know <em>exactly</em> what's going on in our games at all times. In addition, we collaborate closely with the gameplay and design teams to seamlessly connect game features with external services.<span> </span>
As a Lead Online Programmer, you will be responsible for spearheading the effort of your team from architecture design, to implementation and onwards to live service. You will consider the skills and talents of your team members and use their experience to identify risk, build roadmaps and become a force-multiplier for your team, mentoring them every step of the way.<span> </span>
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.<span> </span>
You excel at:<span> </span>
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.<span> </span>
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.<span> </span>
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.<span> </span>
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.<span> </span>
You have:<span> </span>
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.<span> </span>
- Professional experience developing client-side online functionality for AAA games.
- Demonstrable professional experience integrating platform APIs such as Xbox Live, PSN and Steam for a shipped title.
- The leadership skills to lead a sub-discipline team.<span> </span>
- Demonstrable experience interacting with external APIs and services within a large and robust system.<span> </span>
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.<span> </span>
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design supporting systems.<span> </span>
Even better if you have:<span> </span>
- Experience working collaboratively with a backend engineering team.<span> </span>
- Experience developing and working with asynchronous systems.<span> </span>
- Experience developing and maintaining games within a live service environment.<span> </span>
- Professional Unreal Engine development experience.<span> </span>