About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for a talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
The Audio Programming team at Splash Damage is responsible for creating, extending and maintaining our game audio technology built around Unreal Engine 4 and Wwise. We work closely with the project's Core Technology team and closely with the Audio and Gameplay teams, providing them with pipelines and tools that will enable them to create high-quality games.
As a Lead Audio Programmer, you will be responsible for spearheading the effort of your team from architecture design, to implementation and support. Your experience within the audio programming field will allow you to identify and execute on areas of innovation and improvement within our pipelines and systems.You will take into account the skills and talents of your team members and use their experience to identify risk, build roadmaps and become a force-multiplier for your team, mentoring them every step of the way.
We believe that constantly improving our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Practical and demonstrable professional experience with Audio programming
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Professional experience with Audiokinetic Wwise, and integration within Unreal Engine 4.
- Solid understanding of game-related mathematics.
- The leadership skills to lead a sub-discipline team.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Experience working closely with design and gameplay teams to elicit requirements and design support systems.
Even better if you have:
- Professional experience with gameplay and multiplayer programming.
- Multi-platform and console development experience.
- Experience with localisation pipelines.
- Experience working with a procedural generation of content.