About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a Splash Damage Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing new and exciting game features. You will be required to effectively manage your own time and workload.
You will primarily be working with the Design team, helping them to realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development. You will also work closely with the AI Programmers to coordinate gameplay and AI requirements as well as the Animation and Audio teams, hooking up new gameplay features to the animation and audio systems as required.
- Work with the Design Team to define gameplay requirements
- Work with the various content generation teams to make great-looking and fun games
- Work with Production to time plan and maintain roadmaps
- Have a passion to create new game-related features
Essential Skills and Experience
- At least one shipped title
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and portable code
- Ability to estimate work complexity and time costs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of game-development related mathematics
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 at source code level
- Experience with multiplayer programming
- Multiplatform development experience
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics related field
- Experience working in small focused teams