About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for a talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a Dirty Bomb Gameplay Programmer, you will be responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. You will be required to manage your workload and make sure that you adhere to good development practices.
You will be working with all disciplines of the development team, helping them to realise their ideas and solve their problems through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development. You will also pay attention to the state of the live game and actively looking out for ways to improve the player experience, be it optimisation, refactoring, fixing gameplay bugs or reducing friction in the game sessions.
- Work closely with the Design Team providing technical and feasibility analysis on features for new and existing gameplay systems
- Implementing network friendly, multiplayer gameplay systems
- Integrating gameplay systems with various analytics packages
Required Skills and Experience
- Professional game development experience
- At least one shipped title
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Professional development experience in real-time networked multiplayer games
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and portable code
- Ability to analyse performance and optimise code for CPU, memory and bandwidth usage
- Solid understanding of game-development related mathematics
- Knowledge of technical documentation and testing
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine at source code level
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics related field
- Experience working in small, focused teams