About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are looking for an experienced and capable development outsourcing manager to work with a team of external content creators. In this role, you will be coordinating effort between the internal and external teams on a challenging and exciting new project. The position requires technical understanding along with an excellent knowledge of game production.
- Provide briefs and feedback to partner development teams.
- Set-up and document pipelines, developing best practices and continually optimizing workflows.
- Provide help to the partners, along with the internal engineers.
- Ensure quality and consistency in the produced content.
- Work with the internal team to set functional standards.
- Follow-up on outsourcer progress, pre-empt issues and escalate when needed.
- Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication.
- Effectively and regularly report progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
- Ensures necessary steps are taken to resolve issues which may impede progress or compromise project's objectives.
- Facilitate meetings to reach decisions effectively.
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of outsource staff to ensure that project tasks are completed on time.
- Define project delivery schedules; manages day-to-day project schedules and motivates team towards a common project goal
- Provide direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved.
- Initiate or implement development process improvements to achieve efficiencies.
- Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure project forward momentum.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong, proven knowledge of real-time game creation, and experience managing content from other developers.
- Great organisational skills.
- Great communication skills, patience, diplomacy and clarity when working with others.
- Balance between conscientious attention to detail and knowing when to call something done.