About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a Cinematic Lead at Splash Damage you will be responsible for planning, directing and delivering high quality in-game cinematics that will tie together gameplay and narrative through realistic acting, compelling action and expressive dialogs.
- Lead and manage the work required to deliver all cinematic content to the highest quality.
- Collaborate with the Art Director, writers and designers to determine the overall cinematics direction, style, quality and execution.
- Drive the evolution of the cinematic pipeline, establish efficient procedures by collaborating with outsource vendors, tech artists, cinematic artists and animators.
- Provide daily feedback and direction to the team.
- Plan and direct motion capture shoots for cinematics.
Essential Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience delivering real-time cinematics for AAA games.
- Previous experience working with outsourcers.
- A great eye for style and quality, combined with strong technical skills
- Cinematography experience on action-oriented sequences and cut-scenes. Be able to tell a story through camera shots.
- Strong leadership, ability to make decisions that last and inspire a senior creative team.
- Knowledge of camera lenses, common practices and the understanding of industry trends.
- Technical problem solving
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience working with cameras and motion capture in Maya, Motion Builder or other 3D applications
- Interest in photography