About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for an exciting new project with our partner Wargaming and are looking for talented and passionate developers to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a Senior Backend Developer you will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining server-side systems and services on an ambitious multiplayer PC game in the Wargaming universe. Your work will be central to powering our gaming experience.
- Design, implement and maintain backend systems and services like matchmacking and leaderboards
- Work in collaboration with client-side and other gameplay programmers
- Ensure features are developed in a scalable and maintainable way with high quality code
- Write documentation and unit tests
- Mentor junior programmers
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience with software architecture, design patterns, code quality
- Good knowledge of modern server architectures and technologies (databases, message queues, network protocols…)
- Experience with network Gameplay programming
- Knowledge of client\\server application development
- Proficient in C++
- Experience or interest in game development
- Extensive professional experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience with high-load server-side applications
- Experience with large codebases or distributed development