About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Splash Damage is looking for an Audio Director to guide our talented team in crafting outstanding audio experiences for our players. In this role you will inspire, support and empower our audio designers to deliver their best. You will define, champion and hold the audio vision for our projects and maintain alignment through every stage of development.
As an Audio Director you will:
- Define the audio quality in collaboration with our Project Directors and Leads.
- Motivate and inspire the audio team, enabling them to pursue their passion and excel in their areas of expertise.
- Maintain and support alignment in the team for the audio style & mood for our projects.
- Mentor, coach and manage the audio team with regular 1-2-1s, setting objectives and supporting a collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with production and discipline Leads on project planning, workflows and audio direction.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have been Audio Lead or Director, with extensive experience developing AAA titles.
- Worked with script writers and voice providers to ensure Dialogue is of excellent standard.
- Ability to communicate with composers and direct the composition of music.
- Be able to organise and engineer large-scale field recording sessions.
- Have experience with game audio middleware such as Wwise and Fmod.
- Familiar with industry standard audio software such as Reaper.
- Experience in mixing and mastering of linear media such as trailers and cinematics.
- Ability to design game audio tools to drive speech/sfx/music in innovative ways.
- Have experience directing Foley, and working with Foley providers.
- Be able to oversee and assist in supporting a localisation pipeline.