Technical Level Designer - Edinburgh
We seek an enthusiastic and talented Technical Level Designer to join our game design team and provide hands-on 3D support with the layout, design and white box creation of environments. This is a design focused position with the opportunity for creative input.
An applicant with a strong understanding of game and level design as well as the required technical competence with 3D tools and game engines to visualise, test and implement levels in a fast iterative manner, would perfectly fit this position.
- Implementing missions and activities using code-based scripting tools.
- Provide game design team with refined 3D white box models and compelling environment layouts
- Iterate on level and sandbox designs to create fun immersive experiences
- Use 3D tools to create first pass examples of key game play locations in engine
- Work closely with Lead Designer to test and refine team’s suggestions
- A clear understanding of game design mechanics
- Good understanding of 3DS Max or Maya
- Strong 3D modelling and spatial design skills
- Good knowledge of a technical scripting language such as Lua or C#.
- Strong understanding of game engines
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Fast, iterative approach to game creation. Build, test, repeat
- Excellent understanding of the game development process
- Passion for videogames, and a broad grasp of game types and systems.
- Knowledge of Lumberyard or CryEngine an advantage
- Aptitude for architecture and design an advantage
Location This full-time role is based in Edinburgh, Scotland.