Data Warehouse Engineer (6-month contract)
King is the worldwide leader in mobile gaming, with more than 2 billion USD in yearly revenue and 340 million monthly active users thanks to brands like Candy Crush Saga.
With a Hadoop cluster counting 8 Petabytes of data, 16 Terabytes of memory and over 4000 CPU cores and 300 nodes, an Exasol cluster of 64 nodes, 32 Terabytes of RAM and a trillion events generated every day, data at King is in the heart of the business.
The Data Analytics organisation at King - split across Barcelona, London and Stockholm - is responsible for processing all the data we receive each day and to use it to drive all of King's data and analytics needs.
You will be part of the Data Analytics Core Data Product team, in charge of providing data products and services used by all the company, including the Data Warehouse and KPI emails and reports. You will work on some of our key projects, as well as maintaining the existing products, working in close collaboration with our users and your colleagues in a fast evolving and agile environment.
* You will engage directly with our stakeholders to understand the way they work and their problems
* You will work in a highly collaborative team to devise solutions to business problems, bringing your skills and ideas into every discussion
* You will contribute to the solutions at the backend of the data stack, from the ETL to data modelling
* You'll take ownership and responsibility for the quality of the solutions, testing them and ensuring best practices are used throughout the development process, - particularly with regard to self-explanatory code, maintainability and scalability
* You'll learn new technical skills when needed and use them to help the team achieve success
* You will collaborate with other teams within the Data Analytics organisation to ensure the consistent and coherent growth of our data capabilities
* 3+ years SQL development
* Experience building data pipelines and schedules
* Ability to translate business needs into technical specifications
* Ability to analyse and understand data and the relationships within
* Highly collaborative work style
* Curious and inquisitive mind-set
* Willing to step outside your comfort zone to broaden your skills and learn new technologies.
* Experience working in an Agile workplace
* Exposure to Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, BigQuery, Impala)
* Familiar with different data modelling techniques (e.g Star schemas, 3NF)
* Integrating 3rd party data sources using APIs
* Experience working with Google Cloud Platform
Join us in Data Analytics and you will get the opportunity to have a significant impact on making our games entertaining for our players. We will offer you growth in a global and fast-paced environment with the opportunity for technical development in your field while working in a fun and professional setting in this exciting and dynamic sector.
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Application needs to be in English.