Playdemic are on the lookout for a mid-level UI Artist but would also consider candidates interested in a Senior UI Artist position.
As one of the primary UI/UX Artists on the team, you will be expected to work alongside Designers, other Artists, Programmers and Producer on a day-to-day basis, providing high quality assets that achieve the production and quality goals set for the project. You will also work closely with the Creative Director in setting the style and quality standard for all front-end elements of the game.
You will need to take a thoughtful approach to solving complex User Interface problems, often prototyping multiple ideas that you will evolve and iterate in search of the optimal solution.
You will be expected to estimate timescales for your tasks in advance and deliver milestones as part of the development process. Should you be acting in a senior position on the art team, you will work alongside the Producer to plan out work schedules for the other artists. You should be able to show creative leadership to the art team, inspiring them to work to their potential and take pride in what they produce.
Core Skills & Experience
- Experienced UI artist to join in-house games team.
- Strong portfolio displaying a number of UI/UX projects.
- Demonstrable experience within a games studio, ideally holding a senior role, OR stellar portfolio demonstrating equivalent skill, talent and know-how of a more experienced artist.
- Range of skills from paper concepting to digital execution of contemporary UI systems, both static and animated.
- Demonstrable experience in some or all of the following packages; Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and/or similar.
To apply please email a covering letter, CV and portfolio to Vicky MacMillan, Recruiter at email@example.com