This is a fantastic opportunity to join the studio Business Intelligence team. As a Data Analyst at Creative Assembly, your primary purpose will be to use our game-play data-sets to produce reporting and analysis that will help our designers to make properly informed decisions on a variety of game areas such as progression and balance.
On a day to day basis you will be talking to the primary game designers to determine the requirements for upcoming analysis and to ensure these requirements are turned in to useable and meaningful reporting. The analysis will range from creating regular high-level reports for monitoring key performance indicators to creating a bespoke piece of analysis to look at a given game system in depth.
Additionally, you will work closely with the other members of the Business Intelligence department to not only learn the current game ecosystems but also to help and assist with a wide range of potential reporting.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Good understanding of video games, genres and key video game concepts (free to play, downloadable content, win/loss ratios etc.)
- Significant experience in SQL, such as writing complex multi-part queries, stored procedures, and reports
- Excellent academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics, or statistics
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Being able to work well across teams and other disciplines
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent understanding of Excel
- Exceptional analysis and reporting skills
- Experience with 3rd party reporting/stats packages such as Tableau, Power BI, R Studio, MATLAB etc.
We are Creative Assembly
And we are led by our passion for gameplay, which has in turn made us a leader in UK games development. Established in 1987, we have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.