We are currently looking for a Level Designer to work on our upcoming open-world projects with Unreal Engine. You will be responsible for all aspects of world creation, from the initial design phase, white boxing, through to the final polish phase. This role will have frequent communication and interaction with the lead level designer, lead game designer, environment artists and gameplay programmers.
- Preparing paper macro and micro level design drafts.
- Designing, prototyping, iterating on and polishing the in-game part of the open world, including enemy encounters, quests, and other gameplay elements, using the Unreal Engine 4 tools and blueprint system.
- Collaborating with game designers to ensure that the level design contributes to and enhances the gameplay and game narrative.
- Collaborating with environment artists on crafting unique spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences.
- Conducting play-testing sessions and gathering feedback and action points to refine the levels and gameplay. Taking part in other play-testing sessions, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune and improve the game. In this role, you will report directly to the lead level designer.
- Shipped at least 1 title as a level designer.
- 3+ years’ experience at a game studio working as a level designer.
- Experience with 3D engine game editors.
- Experience with open world games.
- Ability to create map layouts at all stages – from simple drawings to fully functional world locations in at least one of the existing game engines.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Experience with Unreal 4 tools and blueprint system.
Examples of previous work done are appreciated.