Lead 3d Artist / Outsourcing Manager
We are currently looking for a lead 3D artist/outsourcing manager to work on our upcoming high-quality projects with Unreal Engine. He will lead a team of 3D artists/level artists and manage the outsourcing of 3D assets. The candidate would be part of our 3D art-team, reporting directly to our technical art director.
- Manage outsourcing of 3D assets (props/vehicles/weapons/buildings, etc.), giving feedback and constraints to our outsourcing partners.
- Lead and give feedback to a team of 3D artists concerning 3D asset creation as much as level/open world dressing.
- Communicate/coordinate with other department leads.
- Sculpting, low-poly modeling, mapping, texturing (PBR workflow).
- Dress levels or areas of an open world.
- Shipped at least one title as a lead 3D artist + shipped three or more games as 3D artist/level artist.
- 5+ years’ experience at a game studio working as a senior 3D artist.
- Team management experience, able to give feedbacks in respect of style/quality and technical constraints.
- Able to work on different visual styles from Realistic to stylized.
- Strong knowledge of technical constraints related to 3D real-time engines.
- Strong hard surface modeling, ability to create hard surface props.
- Strong ability to dress beautiful levels or areas of open world games.
- Strong ability to sculpt organic shapes.
- Proficient in the high poly, low poly baking workflow
- Proficient in creating efficient Mapping, minimizing seams and distortion
- Proficient in Zbrush, 3DS Max, Substance Painter, Photoshop.
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver.
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Experience with Substance Designer, World Machine, Marvelous Designer, Speedtree.
- Character creation experience.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Having notions of lighting.
We would like to see your portfolio (Assessment)