We are currently looking for a VFX Artist to work on for our upcoming open-world projects with Unreal Engine. He will breathe life into our games through rich, vibrant effects: weather effects, blasting explosions, magic spells, and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. The work will be done using Unreal4, also our in-house toolset and a collection of licensed tools (Max, Photoshop, effects plugins like fumefx, Afterburn and similar). The ideal candidate has a unique ability to create impressive effects with just a handful of assets, animated textures, and some inventive yet straightforward methods. Experience with shaders is a plus. In this role, you will report directly to our Technical Art Director and work in a close relationship with our producers.
- Visual effects creation using Unreal 4 and also in-house tools and technology (particle- and mesh-based effects)
- Work on the textures for these effects using 3d party licensed tools: 3DS Max, Photoshop, Afterburn, FumeFX, Aftereffects.
- Modeling and texturing of meshes for the VFX assets
- Work together with Technical Art Director to ensure the highest quality and the best performance for effects
- R&D for the effect pipeline – new tricks and techniques
- Work on further improvements and customization of our existing effects toolset
- Experience with in-game effects creation (particles and screen effects)
- Inquisitive mindset and creative approach to work: capable of creating effects in a constrained environment (project specific performance requirements, amount of emitters and particles, etc.)
- Being capable of 3D asset creation using Max, Photoshop, Mudbox/ZBrush
- Strong understanding of in-game lighting techniques and the impact they have on the VFX
- Experience with Unreal 4.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Experience with video visual effects software particles, e.g., Adobe After Effects
- Keen interest in CGI effects production
- Basic programming skills (to be able to work on shaders or implement engine side effect calls)
- Passion for new effect types, e.g., meatball, fluid simulation, morphing effects, etc.
- Willingness to invest into tools design and further development (sending your requests to Tools code team)
- General CG artistic skills, such as animation, camera work, hand drawing skills.
We would like to see your portfolio and reel