The team behind the multi-award-winning Alien: Isolation, fresh from developing Halo Wars 2 with Microsoft and 343industries, are looking for more world-class talent to join the team.
This is an opportunity for a proven world class Lead Systems Designer to make their mark on our new undisclosed IP contributing to creation of genre-defining games and working with the industry's top developers.
As the project's Lead Systems Designer, you will lead the Gameplay Systems team, developing the core gameplay systems, such as weapons, movement, abilities, gadgets, health and other underlying gameplay systems. You will collaborate and communicate closely with the project's creative leaders to effectively deliver on the vision of the game.
You will continuously look to improve gameplay, processes and techniques on the project to achieve outstanding results for our players. You will be responsible for defining the range and depth of the core game experience, balancing the systems, looking at skill ceilings, complexity, challenge and player progression. As well as working within your own area of the project, you will work closely with the Directors, Level Design, Animation, Art, Audio and Production Leads.
Working with the Design Director, you will manage and mentor the technical and gameplay systems design team on a day to day basis. You will also play a key role in hiring new members of the design team. Excellent communication is critical to the success of this role. You will share regular updates with the varying development disciplines across team highlighting when key achievements are identified and raising any issues. You will encourage team work and communication in those you lead.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience as a Lead or Senior Designer in AAA studio environment in a mentor and leadership capacity
- Deep understanding of game design and mechanics
- Experience of communicating and working with other functions to iterate and deliver quality design features
- Demonstrated ability to produce documentation and design that defines technical and core design elements of gameplay
- A real passion for game design theory, approaches and methods
- Demonstrated ability to give effective critiques and take feedback for improvement
- Demonstrated appreciation of the value that data and analytics can contribute to the design process
- Eagerness to prove game mechanics early and efficiently
- Experience of using a wide variety of tools to quickly prototype and deliver design elements and improve pipelines in a deadline-driven environment
- Experience in a range of design roles
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.