This an excellent opportunity to join our growing team as an AI programmer on Creative Assembly's Total War Campaign AI team. Working with the team, you will look to produce efficient and effective AI solutions to the complex challenges presented by the Total War Campaign environment.
You will be working with varied team of programmers, designers and QA Technicians collaborating to create leading edge game AI that challenges our players and is fun and immersive to play against.
As an AI programmer on the project, you will be working in collaboration with the Campaign AI team to develop code aspects of AI systems for Total War. This includes behavioural elements of the AI and tooling for analysis. You will also collaborate and problem solve the wider game development team on the project.
You will develop software and support the Total War campaign game AI as new project needs arise. You will adhere to the company's high-quality programming standards and development process as you work. You will be involved in developing new features for the Total War campaign and be highly competent in maintaining new and existing systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- High level of C++ programming
- Strong interest in AI
- Excellent academic background, preferably in a numeric discipline
- Ability to focus on work independently but also comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Being able to work well across teams and other disciplines
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Creative problem solving
- Experience developing AI or related systems in games, research or other settings
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design
- Experience in game development
- An appreciation of games, and Creative Assembly titles, is an advantage
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.