Senior 3D Environment Artist
Application Start Date: 22nd February 2018
Application Close Date: 23rd March 2018
Salary: Competitive Market Rate
We're looking for an experienced and exceptionally talented Senior 3D Artist to join one of our passionate game teams working in our London studio
Your role within our Kingdom
As a key member of the game art team, you will focus on the production of in game 3D art assets by applying your extensive experience using modelling/sculpting tools to achieve unique and appealing stylized 3D assets. You will be a central pillar of the team and expect to mentor Junior Artists in the team while acting as the Art Directors right hand person. Using your strong problem solving, independent and self-direction skills, coupled with your aptitude for collaboration, leadership and open communication you will play an essential part in delivering amazing games enjoyed by millions of people.
Skills to create thrills
* Highly creative with a true passion for games, having previously worked in the gaming or related industry (preference for mobile game experience)
* Extensive experience creating stylized environments and props for in game use
* Experience working with industry game engines (proprietary and/or commercial)
* Extensive experience with Maya, Zbrush or similar, and the Adobe CS package
* Proficient in both high-poly and low-poly modelling, sculpting and retopology
* Experience with rendering/shading, texturing and UV mapping
* Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
* Experience with stylized, casual and mid-core styles
* Good communication and organizational skills
* Experience mentoring artists and acting as a leader in a team environment
* Skills in animation and special effects
* Skills in creating high quality 2D artwork (concepts, illustrations etc)
* Experience working in an agile project environment
* Previous experience creating casual and/or mobile games
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in London
Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.