Senior Technical Artist
Stockholm, Sweden - Full relocation and VISA sponsorship
We are looking for an experienced Technical Artist to join our central TA team and support our new Shooter project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our Kingdom
The Technical Artist works with the team to define and create, support and maintain the procedural content generation pipeline and tools. A key aspect of this role is not only to understand quickly the existing processes and to be able to update/optimize it, but is also about being able to understand the level designers and level artists' needs in order to provide custom tailored tools. Example of what you will work on:
* Create Houdini digital assets for use in-game with Houdini Engine: city/building generation, procedural objects, terrain processing & space population (rocks and vegetation)
* Iterate with the various teams to :
* Create tools linking the game engine to Houdini processes
* Allow the artists to express their creativity by providing them with comprehensive tools
* Maintain the processes and pipeline by ensuring that all new addition is compliant with the existing systems.
* Be able to gather the gameplay (playability/variety), the technical constraints (memory/perf) and the artistic requirements in a same rule
* Troubleshoot problems and find appropriate solutions
* Assist the team in learning new technologies and processes
Skills to create thrills
Relevant knowledge of Houdini & Maya or other DCC packages
* Familiar with scripting languages such as Python, VEX & C#
* Understanding of rendering budgets and other technical constraints related to performance in real-time engines
* Understanding of the requirements for a global pipeline, the ability to enforce strong processes and to setup new ones
* Experience collaborating with tools/graphic programmers and mentoring artists
* Like team work
* Good knowledge and understanding of the video game development processes and techniques
* Unity experience
* Experience working with GIS data sets.
* Experience writing shaders (HLSL, or GLSL)
* Overall artistic knowledge (composition, color, motion, etc.) is a plus
* Experience working with agile/scrum development methodology
* A keen gamer who keeps up to date with industry related developments
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Stockholm
The location of our first studio and the birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Stockholm - with all its urban delights and open spaces - holds a special place in our hearts. Built over 14 islands, it's one of the world's most unique and beautiful capital cities. With King based right in the centre, it'll yours to enjoy and explore.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.