Who are we looking for
We are looking for a Fraud & AML Specialist (MLRO) who will be responsible for the management of all fraud, and AML processes and operations throughout the business. You will be the nominated MLRO and work within the Legal and Compliance team, regularly interfacing with Casumo's executive team.
Who are you?
- Have previous experience as an MLRO or a senior manager within an AML department.
- Have managerial/leadership experience of both people and systems with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Have project management and business process improvement experience.
- Have the ability to manage the relationship the Financial Intelligence Units and the Gambling Commission.
- Have previous experience of the SARs regime and working with the Malta FIAU, UK NCA, or other Financial Intelligence Units.
- Have an analytical mind that allows you to identify signs of money laundering, and the potential use of criminal proceeds.
- Are keen to keep your knowledge updated through continuous professional development initiatives or external training courses.
- Are self-driven, curious and eager to make an impact by making things happen.
- Are amazing at communication, both verbally and in writing.
- Assertive, enthusiastic, and able to lead by example and present a professional image Your background:
- Possess an undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience.
- AML qualifications (such as International Compliance Association Diploma) is highly preferable but not essential.
- Knows the 4th Money Laundering Directive inside out, along with the Money Laundering Regulations and the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Have an ability to understand and interpret new legislation (particularly around the SARs regime and FATF mutual evaluation, and the impact it may have on the industry.
- Experience in the online gaming industry or a strong familiarity with the industry will be considered an asset.
- A foundational understanding of business information systems and Internet technology.
As our Fraud & AML Specialist you will:
- Be responsible for anti-money-laundering ("AML"), fraud/POC issues and other compliance-related requirements in the UK jurisdiction.
- Provide day-to-day support to all internal and external stakeholders on any issues around fraud and AML.
- Lead, develop and implement an AML framework and strategy to include detailed policies and procedures.
- Advise the executive team and other business units (namely Finance, Compliance, Player Services, and Payment Operations) on money laundering issues, particularly the review of higher risk customers and provide clear instructions of how the AML framework should be applied for these cases.
- Produce periodic circulars for key stakeholders setting out key developments within the subject matter both externally and within the business; and operation and effectiveness of the company's AML/Fraud systems and controls.
- Work closely with Responsible Gambling specialists within the Compliance team to build out and strengthen the responsible gambling framework, policies and procedures.
- Observe and plan for new legislation in relation to development of AML policies, systems, practices and procedures and oversight to ensure effective implementation
- Build and develop relationships with external regulators such as regulators, industry peers, lobby groups and (where necessary) sports governing bodies.
- Review Internal SARs and make decisions as to whether they need reporting externally to the relevant authorities.
- Liaise with the police and other authorities to assist in investigations and DPA requests.
- Represent the company at selected committees/forums, conferences and on industry-wide projects involving external parties for AML. -
- This would include the RGA, MGA, and UKGC AML forums.
- Deliver AML and Fraud training to employees.